Food Truck Friday @bayoubistroaz is hitting the streets with another double header
4075 S. 32nd St. Phx
Gilbert Food Truck Feastival
1225 N. Gilbert Rd. (Sam's Club)
We see Y'all in a few hours.
#Crawfish#Etouffee#po -boys #catfish#shrimp#que#Jambalaya and much more y'all know how we roll.
Y'all be Safe be Blesses and see Soon #laissezlesbonstempsroulez
Silver lining for today. Instant Pot for the win again. Jambalaya with chicken, shrimp, sausage 👍 the hubby and boys say it is a hit. Too much rice for this diabadass #jambalaya#dinner#foodporn#nofilter#yum
Vegan Jambalaya with brown rice and 3 bean melody
1 onion, diced
2 stalks of celery, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
Half a green pepper, diced
Half a red pepper, diced
1 can (400 grams / 14 oz) crushed tomatoes
4 cups vegetable stock
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
½ teaspoon smoky paprika
½ teaspoon dried cayenne pepper
2 bay leaves
2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce (adjust to taste)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
Pepper, to taste
2 cups uncooked brown rice
3 cups mixed beans (I used chickpeas, white beans and kidney beans)
1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
¼ cup fresh chopped parsley
1 green onion, chopped (optional)
Heat a large pan over medium-high heat and add a splash of water or a tablespoon of oil. Add the onion, and garlic and sauté until soft. Add the celery and peppers, and another splash of water if necessary, and sauté until just beginning to soften.Add the crushed tomato, vegetable stock, herbs, spices and sauces (except the salt) and rice. Bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low and cover the pan. Simmer gently until the rice is cooked and the liquid is absorbed – 30 to 40 minutes. Keep an eye on it near the end of the cooking time and stir from time to time to prevent the rice from sticking.Once the rice is tender, stir in the beans and taste. Add salt if necessary. Give it a minute for the beans to heat then serve the jambalaya with fresh chopped parsley and green onion sprinkled on top and more Tabasco sauce on the side for those who like it really spicy.
Kinda like a Vegan, Cleanse-approved Jambalaya. You could always add shrimp or turkey if not vegan.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and roast 1 head of cauliflower and red peppers 🌶 on a sheet/roasting pan
2. Sauteed 2 cloves of garlic and 1/2 onion and 2 stalks of celery in a pan u til softened (about 3-5 min). 3. Add 1 Cup of brown rice (or quinoa) 🍚 to the pan and toast a bit. Then add 2 cups of broth or stock. Bring to boil and simmer on low, covered.
4. When rice is almost done, add in a can of organic diced tomatoes 🍅 and a can of organic dark red kidney beans and/or beans of choice.
5. Add in roasted vegetables and stir. Season with salt, pepper, cumin, red pepper or cayenne (if you like a kick!) 🔥
6. Garnish with fresh herbs and avocado 🥑 #healthy#healthylifestyle#recipes#dinner#jambalaya#spices#avocado#vegan#whatveganseat#delicious#glutenfree#funwithfood#create#cook#30daystohealthyliving#arbonne#lifestyle