Self care is new skincare products and red wine 🤷🏾♀️
I purchased 6 products (one not pictured) from The Ordinary for $55, hence the glass of wine 😬
What I got:
• Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution - mild chemical exfoliant to brighten and smooth the skin.
• AHA 30% BHA 2% Peeling Solution - chemical exfoliant to seriously brighten and even out skin.
• 100% Plant Derived Squalene - surface hydrator/ moisturizer, perfect for dehydrated skin or skin lacking supplenes.
• 100% Organic Cold Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil - a moisturizer that nourishes and prevents the effects of photo aging (repeated exposure to the sun).
• Granactive Retinoid 5% in Squalene - night time retinoid treatment, speeds cell turnover, boost collagen production, tackles pigmentation, reduces fine lines, and unclog pores. Everyone NEEDS this!
• Resveratrol 3% + Ferulic Acid 3% - serum to protect skin from free radical damage which can lead to premature aging, ie, fine lines, wrinkles and uneven skin and texture.
As someone who approaches skincare as a science (because it is), this brand speaks to me and my pockets lol. Full reviews soon come.
my lips were mad dry that day, I’ll never forget #tbt
...Grandma, there are days when I want nothing more than to be your little girl again. Some days are just too difficult. Some instances just don’t seem fair. Then I stop and think of how lucky I am to be a reflection of you. I find traces of you in the curvature of my cheek bones and smile. I am you and you are still here. Gone but never forgotten, a queen among beasts. 🖤
This year I wanted to end it with a bang and what better way than to give back? This is a local giveaway and One winner will receive a NYE Glam by me. Rules to enter: 1. Follow @itsmekrissyleigh 2. Like this post and comment if you are a #naturalglamgirl or #redcarpetglamgirl 3. Tag 2 friends that love Makeup too. GIVEAWAY ends Sunday, 12/17 at 11:59 PM CST and will be announced on Monday, 12/18. I wish you all the best.
Check out my bday look from yesterday.. calling it goddess holiday glam
Some of the products used
Face -Nars all day luminous in New Guinea &
Stilla - aqua glow serum foundation
Eyes -shadow by abh palette in Cyprus umber and Umber
Glitter- stilla in vintage black gold
Liner -Stila cushion eye liner in Got Inked
Lases -by lash in the box N.10
Brows -maybeline master precise skinny
Under eye concealer-AJ Crimson in deep peach
Blush -Nars in out there and chic
Highlight -Fenty Trophy 🏆 Wife
lip -vivid matte liquid #12
Face Powder -Mac mineralize Skin finish in Dark Deep
Setting powder - Laura Mercier translucent medium deep
Mascara -maybeline great Lash
Song by #marzville @djspider411
Honored to receive the Scholar of the Year Award @ the 2017 African Diaspora Awards! I got to share the moment with my beautiful big sister, Jackie! First Lady of New York, Chirlane McCray, opened the show to congratulate awardees! Truly inspired by my fellow honorees in other categories including Ethiopia Habtemariam (President of Motown Records), Richeliu Dennis (Founder of Sundial Brands and Shea Moisture), Imelme Umana (first Black Woman President of the Harvard Law Review), Ceci Olisa (Blogger/Entrepreneur), the Honorable Ugo Nwaorkoro (Deputy Mayor of the City of Newark, New Jersey), and Darlene & Lizzie Okpo (innovative & Vogue featured fashion designers/sisters who gave me the best double hug!) Special thanks to the good people at Applause Africa for orchestrating such a beautiful moment! No idea who nominated me for this huge honor and quite frankly how I went from lecturing at the beginning of the week to later walking a red carpet & receiving this award alongside some of the dopest leaders and creators across the globe. Still processing that I just get to do what I love, daily. God is generous.
Makeup: @heynelli !!!
Jewelry: From my mommy