What else do you do on a rainy Saturday afternoon besides workout?!? 😜Why bake of course! 👍🏼 I usually love to bake but often I don’t have time. I was home today and I had a bag of apples to use up so I decided to make this dee-lish “Flourless”Apple Crumble instead 🍎🍎🍎 So easy and so tasty! 😋
For apple filling:
6-7 cups peeled and chopped apples (I used Royal Gala)
1 tbsp arrowroot or other cornstarch
1/3 c coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp lemon juice
For the topping:
1c gluten free rolled oats
1c thinly sliced almonds
1/3c almond flour
1/4c maple syrup
1/4c coconut oil, melted
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Grease 11x9-inch baking dish.
3. Make apple filling. Place apples in a large bowl and sprinkle with arrowroot powder. Toss well. Stir in the sugar and cinnamon. Add the lemon juice and combine well. Pour the apple mixture into the baking dish and spread evenly.
4. Make the topping. In a large bowl stir together the oats, almonds, almond flour, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, cinnamon and salt.
5. Sprinkle the mixture over the apples.
6. Cover the baking dish with foil. Poke a few holes in the foil. Bake 35-45 minutes until the apples are tender. Uncover the dish and bake an additional 10 min until the topping is golden.
7. Serve with dairy-free ice cream or eat it on its own. Enjoy! 😊
Being able to eat a lemon without screwing up your face can be considered as a talent right? If so I’ll add that to my short list for sure! 😂
At the moment I have an abundance of blueberries sitting in my fridge as I’m the type of shopper who when goes to the supermarket sees berries on special and grabs them each time, not realising I already have 5 packs in the fridge already! The best thing about berries though is that you can put them into the freezer before they turn and pull them out as needed. I actually used @oob.organic frozen blueberries for this Raw Lemon and Blueberry Cake. 2 flavours that go perfect together with a lovely creamy lemon filling made with lots of cashews and a blueberry topping. Tested this morning for breakfast ✔️
Will be in the next round of tasting boxes this week and can be made as a whole cake on request. Enjoy this gorgeous Sunday! .