How to gain 20+ lbs:
(In theory, this should be the opposite of my last post, but in practice, it is much more complicated.)
• Prepare your mind - You will likely doubt your decision to gain weight countless times. Agree to allow yourself to get frustrated. Agree not to let yourself get stuck in the frustration. Find areas of your life to focus on that are completely unrelated to food or your body.
• Assess the situation - Track everything you eat and see where you are. How much are you eating now? To gain weight, you’re going to have to eat a lot more. Are you ready for that?
• Put yourself in a caloric surplus by eating more - Increase calories, primarily in the form of carbohydrates and fat. Note that too much protein and fiber might make you uncomfortably full.
• Put yourself in a caloric deficit by moving less - Yep, stop moving so much!
• Don’t get caught up in the details - Often it’s easier to aim for a daily calorie and protein goal instead of worrying about carbohydrates and fat. Strict tracking is only going to make it harder for you to focus on things that are unrelated to food and your body.
• Adjust as necessary - Re-assess the situation every so often by comparing body weight measurements and progress pictures and doing mental check-ins with yourself. If progress plateaus, it may be time to increase calories further, but as long as you are not losing weight, you might be better off letting things be and just focusing on something else.
• Be patient - This is slow process... generally much slower than the process of losing weight. Take it one day at a time.
Yesterday my lovely amazing sister threw me a surprise tea party for my 30th! Literally blown away by all of the things that she baked, the attention to detail with the decorations and of course having all my loved ones there ✨🥂🎂☕️✨ @muffinandcupcake 😘😘😘
LOVELY WEEKEND 🎉🎊!! Tijdens de cursus oefenden we op #varkens 🐷, op echte kinderen kunnen we natuurlijk niet oefenen! Een andere manier om bronchoscopie te leren, is om te oefenen op poppen. Ze zeiden dat Ik als enige een vreemd voorwerp uit de longen van het popje had verwijderd deze dag ☺️! During the course, we were practicing on #pigs 🐷. Another way to practice #bronchoscopy is on #pediatric#dolls ! They told me that I was the only one to remove the foreign body from the child's lungs ☺️#dollstagram#pediatrics#pulmonolgy#pediatricpulmonology#london
As I mentioned in the post right before this, I would not recommend the foil cooking method. Just place the salmon in bakeware and cover it with foil instead. This is a recipe by @cremedelacrumb1
* 4 boneless skineless salmon fillets
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
* 1 lemon, thinly sliced, (plus additional wedges for garnish)
* ½ cup butter, at room temperature
* 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
* 3 teaspoons minced garlic
* fresh thyme or parsley, for garnish
1. Season salmon generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Arrange one salmon fillet and ¼ of the asparagus in the centre of one 12x12 inch piece of foil. Repeat with remaining salmon and asparagus on 3 other pieces of foil. Slide lemon slices under the salmon and asparagus.
2. In a small bowl mix butter, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Drop large dollops of the herb butter on top of the salmon and asparagus.
3. Fold the foil tightly around the salmon and asparagus, being sure to seal the ends together tightly so the juices and butter doesn't run out while cooking. Grill over medium high heat for 6-8 minutes on each side, OR bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, until asparagus is tender and salmon is flaky.
4. Drizzle fresh lemon juice over the top and serve immediately.
🎶Jingle Cells, Jingle Cells, Light up all the nuclei 🎶 felt like this looked like holiday lights twinkling 😍 I don’t like starting holiday stuff in November but I’m getting in the holiday spirit as many people are taking this week off for work for thanksgiving so it feels like holidays! I’m working until Wednesday but I’m Seeing the boy for thanksgiving and I couldn’t be more excited! Do you have any science holiday pics you’d share on your page?
Yesterday night, my aunt went in for an emergency surgery. I rushed over to the hospital at 2am to help translate. I’m a first generation student and I learned very early on that balancing family and work will always be a part of MY life.
Off to Macclesfield to watch the bf (creepin in the photo 👀 😂) play a blues gig 🎶
For the past year or so I’ve been avoiding going to his gigs when I used to go to them all the time. Truthfully because I felt like I looked shit and like people at the gigs were looking 👀 at me like, wow she’s batting above her weight. 😓 I would compare myself to other people on their nights out and feel uncomfortable and second rate.
I know it was my brain 🧠 being negative and crappy but i felt self conscious and instead of going out stayed at home 🏠 feeling sorry for myself, comforting myself with food and just making myself feel worse and perpetuating the cycle.
It’s a pretty nice feeling now cos I’m excited to go out tonight and enjoy it, got some of that old confidence returning! Taking my time getting ready and putting some thought into what I want to wear . I still have some way to go on my journey but I’m taking the little wins! 💜🤨
⭐️ Side note: I am OBSESSED with hoop earrings, I have some smaller ones but felt it was time to up my hoop game 😜 Ngl could probs go bigger than this 😎
Who else is on the hoop train??