These little disks can be found anywhere from city sidewalks and bridges to ridge lines and mountain peaks, as seen here. Depending on who you ask, there are about a million in the US, serving to mark horizontal and vertical points for mapping. Some folks make it a point to reach as many as possible, especially in the world of mountaineering. Personally, I don't chase these bench marks, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't bring me joy to reach them. #mountainbabes
DOUBT WILL KILL ANY OPPORTUNITY FOR SUCCESS😐🤔
I doubted and doubted hard
Doubted I would or could be better than I was
Doubted the idea of success
Doubted the possibility of having my body back
Doubted being a good mom, a good wife
I was stuck 😬
So I'm going to talk to YOU! 🙌🏼You who doubt in yourself. Because I didn't get to where I am today without stumbling, failing and a whole lot of trial and error! It's YOU I'm talking to that DOUBT something better or the mere fact of IT IS POSSIBLE! -
Here's what I found it comes down to...you ready?!? FEAR!! Fear of failing, fear of slipping up, fear of change, fear of being uncomfortable (although let's be honest...it's the fear of being uncomfortable because it takes work)
So how did I change? How am I STILL changing! I talk to myself (yes I talk to myself 😜🤷🏻♀️)...but I affirm the person I am BECOMING...not the person I am. I say I WILL BE...or even better I AM...not could be, or would like to...
I AM successful🙌🏼
I AM a great mom👩👧👦
I AM a good wife💏
I AM confident💁🏻
I AM the healthiest I've ever been 🏃🏽♀️
Change your mindset you will change everything. I am still not where I want to be but I talk to myself like I am because I am not stopping til I am there! -
I am looking at running a MINDSET SHIFT group in September. I've been there, some days, let's be honest I still am, but I want to show you that Shift and how to get out of doubt and fear! Drop a virtual hand raise 🙋🏻🤚🏼if you are in for this! Application (if you are more of a private person) is in bio too! Let's not just shift your body, but mind and all the possibilities you thought weren't possible 💪🏼💪🏼
If a loved one discloses a sexual assault which has taken place, you can help them heal more than you know. Below are some ways which you can help!
1. Believe him or her. This is the most important thing you can do. Even if the assault or abuse happened many years ago, he/she needs to be believed now.
2. Validate their emotions. Healing from sexual assault presents survivors with a myriad of feelings. Your loved one has every right to each of his unique feelings.
3. Offer a somewhat detached perspective. It may be easier for your friend to talk about rape and sexual assault if you respond by letting her know that you care about what happened to her, but avoid showing very strong emotional reactions. This is because many of us feel somehow responsible for our supporter's feelings about the sexual violence. Of course, you probably do have strong feelings about it and will need support for them. Try to avoid depending on the survivor for that support.
4. Encourage him/her to seek medical attention. And offer to go with him/her.
5. Call them and make plans! Your friend may be feeling too overwhelmed to pick up the phone and make plans with you, but he/she will probably appreciate it if you do.
6. Express your anger in a controlled manner. Your loved one has likely experienced her/his rape as violent and out of control. Expressions of heated anger will likely make him/her feel further out of control.
7. Educate yourself. Sexual assault triggers a wide range of emotions. Your loved one may find him/herself becoming anxious, dissasociated from his feelings, or depressed. If you educate yourself about the responses to sexual assault, you'll be better prepared to help him/her deal with theirs.
Remember to take time for yourself. Talking to someone in such pain can be difficult. Take the time that you need. You'll do more help by stepping back for a moment than you will by being there in a state which is not mindful.
Your Boys Varsity soccer team opens with a hard earned 1-0 victory. Back and forth action but the Condors put in the work and never gave up. Andy Barrera (Sr.) is named Man of the Match🏆 with the lone goal⚽ after a mishandled ball by the Hinsdale keeper.#StrongerTogether#CondorPride#CurieSoccer
We hope everyone made it back home safe!! Way to get it done today. Had to cut our HIIT short due to some crazy weather but don't worry we will be back for a full session!! You ROC OKC!! #runoklahomacity#ROC#strongertogether
I am once again struck by the beauty around me---the plants, the sky, the people. I had a long meeting today with Dan @butterbakerycafe I am excited about working together to protect the earth and all her creatures. We are #strongertogether Thank you, Dan!
A night of chaos followed by a night of no sleep was NOT the winning formula for a heavy strength cycle this AM.
But what your mind speaks, your body will follow. Morning matra, positive affirmation, and positive vibes go a REALLY long way for the roadblocks your mind puts up.
Clear em out, get to work, and leave the rest to the program. #trusttheprocess
T-One Week until I'm out of the city for @alliescheer's Bachelorette party!🍾🥂🎉 But there's still NINE chances to get your sweat on with me before I go. Let's rock out on bikes in the dark:
WED 430p OT
THURS 430p GC
FRI 530p OT
SUN 830a GC//1130a OT//130p GC
MON 930a OT
TUES 930a OT
WED 430p OT
I saw a Quora question today asking how best to deal with a depressive episode. Someone responded by relating it to the way skilled surfers dive into oncoming waves. They explained that by diving into the wave, they can avoid being tossed around by the water and are able to have more control. Living with a mood disorder means learning how to live with intense, unpredictable, often unrelenting waves of depression, anxiety, dread, anger, and hypo/mania (just to name a few). I know the harder I fight my intense emotions the more they consume me. Even though diving in sounds scary sometimes, I know from personal experience that it helps me a ton.
Once I was lost and now I am found...❤️❤️❤️ Someone asked me today how BeachBody Coaching has changed my life. Honestly, I can't think of many ways it hasn't. The "then" picture" was a girl who was beat down and broken 💔, had lost her passion and goals for life. The "now" picture is a girl who feels amazing, has found her calling, is fired up about life, learned that she is allowed to be happy and couldn't be more excited about all that is to come. 🌟🌈💫 I spent my whole life wanting to be part of a big family. Now I feel like I am part of that big family because on my team we are family. 👯👫🏋️♀️👬👭💃🏃This amazing group of people has helped keep me on track with my health and fitness goals. When I do fall off track they steer me back into the right direction. They have taught me that I AM worth it and that anything is possible.
Through my whole journey they have supported me by loving me at my best, my worst and everything in between. 💕💕💕
Say hello this bitch who brought her Southeast Asian tiki torches to the night rally in Charlottesville. Frankie Muniz, Muppets looking bitch. Report her for trying her pathetic best to divide this great nation. She's all about White (minus teeth). https://www.instagram.com/hellen_of_goy/